WWE’s annual pay-per view event, Royal Rumble, the road to WrestleMania 36 came off on Sunday at Houston’s Minute Maid Park.
The event saw the return of some superstars like Naomi, Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix and, talk of Edge, his entry was the biggest take-away and it was amazing to see them all in action. These superstars were featured in either the 30-man or 30-woman Royal Rumble Match and others; a one-on-one match.
Additional matches were;
- Becky Lynch versus Asuka for the RAW Women’s Championship. This match was so intense that we thought we wouldn’t see a winner. Becky and Asuka brought in their all to face each other and in the end, Becky celebrated her grace period. She emerged as the winner.
- Bayley versus Lacey Evans for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. Following all the events in the Royal Rumble is a difficult task, and these two, were indeed up for the challenge.
Winner – Bayley
- Bray Wyatt versus Daniel Bryan for the Universal Heavyweight Championship. This particular match was a bit different from the matches we see each day from our superstars. These two were involved in a strap match whereby one’s hand was tied to a leather strap leading to the other, and, the only thing left between them was to have the opportunity to use the strap on their arm against the other.
- Roman Reigns versus Baron Corbin in a Falls Count Anywhere Match.
Winner – Reigns.
- Sheamus versus Shorty G.
Winner – Sheamus.
- Andrade Cien Almas versus Humberto Carrillo.
Winner – Andrade.
- Drew McIntyre and Charlotte flair however won the 30-man, 30-woman Royal Match respectively. Their win we can say took a stronghold from this year’s Royal Rumble Match.
These two have the golden opportunity to choose a champion to face, at the biggest event of them all, WrestleMania. Which champions do you think Charlotte and McIntyre have in mind? Stay tuned for more updates!